Friday, February 14, 2014

Time is Fleeting...

Time is fleeting.  I've discovered this since I had my first child, Declan, on January 23, 2011.  He has changed my world in ways I never thought possible.  The cliche "you'll never understand until you become a parent" has poked it's bulbous nose into my life and sniffed out its unyielding truth.  Just the other day Justin was telling me about how there was a statistic done on marriage happiness and how it shows an obvious decline after each child until they reach the age of three years old.  Then, it slowly climbs upward until they leave the nest.  I don't disagree with this because obviously there is a lot of strain on a marriage when a child is born.  Lack of sleep and sex can make any man CRAZY, lol.  But, I think this can me true of individual happiness too.  After you have a baby, you will never be more nervous, more scared, more unsure of yourself and more in love with anything...ever.  That's got to be enough to weigh on you enough so that you will never quite be as 'blissful and worry free' as you were before babies.  Don't get me wrong, my kids bring me joys I will have never known if I hadn't had them.  But it's a different kind of joy than the kind I would have had if I'd been able to cross some more things off my bucket list before I had them.  So...when Declan was born I experienced something I'd never felt before.  And now, three years later he is teaching me new things daily and making me a better person.  A person with more patience, more love in her heart, more grey hairs on my head and deeper laugh lines.  I can't imagine a better kind of wrinkle than the ones that are from bringing laughter to your heart.  He is that for me.  I love him so much.  I know he's going to get older and one day he won't want me to cuddle him so much.  One day he won't want me to play with him.  One day he will be able to get his own snacks or make his own meal.  But for now I'll enjoy him being three years old...and I'll just apply my wrinkle cream more regularly.

This is Declan's personality EXACTLY.
 It was a little chilly outside...his teeth were chattering but he was a good sport.
Wanna see my T. Rex?  He will chomp you!

No comments:

Post a Comment