Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Zumba FREAK

Have you ever stumbled upon something in your life that you thought was complete and utter greatness and thought to yourself, why haven't I been doing this all my life?  I have said this to myself a few times so far in life: 1)When I discovered maternity pants (am I right?), 2)Dove caramel chocolates...need I say more? 3)and my latest discovery...ZUMBA!  So, I must admit that every once in awhile I want to go out on a Friday night and shake my tush at a club.  But that's not really possible with a 3 year old, a 1 year old and a husband who doesn't shake anything except the coffee creamer before pouring into his coffee...so that is a little white lie, he DOES shake it from time to time.  And it's cute.  Really.  But I'm talking about sweaty, drop it like it's hot, Beyonce-like moves!  (You know what I mean...)

I started going to Zumba in September 2013 because they offered it at my awesome church (of all places).  But, it was only $2 per class and since I'm always on a budget, this was a steal!  Tired of my 3-4 mile walks around the neighborhood with my toddlers in tow, I needed something new.  And, since I was in drill team in high school and took dance in college, this was right up my alley.  I went on a Thursday night and that was it.  I was hooked.  I was a Zumba FREAK, y'all!  I remember coming home and just thanking my husband for giving me the time and space to go and just being so HAPPY that I did something new and fun.  It was a life changing moment (ie. maternity pants, dove chocolate...)

So...now I am a certified Zumba instructor as of May 2014.  It was completely daunting going into a room with 40+ other sassy ladies wanting to also make Zumba a part of their lives.  But, it was beyond exciting and I'm so ready to start this new little chapter of my life that is COMPLETELY for ME.  It's not about the money but more about the confidence and health benefits it has given me in my mind and in my body.  I don't look at my Zumba class as a workout - rather a very short hour full of smiles, "WOOTS!", drippy sweat, and becoming the ME that I actually PERCEIVE myself to be.  Not, the frustrated SAHM juggling 2 toddlers, an Ipad, a Starbucks drink, a dirty diaper, 2 sippy cups, a 4 seater basket from Target, a bag of last minute groceries (and other miscellaneous items that were purchased that were not needed...Target...) and...a partridge in a pear tree.  Nope, all that disappears and ya know what?  It allows me to be that SAME loving mom, but with more energy, more patience, more muscles and less pit-stains.  Ok, that was a lie.  I am a sweat-er.  There will ALWAYS be pit stains whilst juggling toddlers in Texas heat.

So...If you haven't gone to a Zumba class yet - DO it.  Find the time.  Because it will give you confidence, gain you friendships and make you a better you.  Lots of love...and ZUMBA ON, ya'll!

Here is a link to my Zumba website in case you want to go to one of my classes!
http://britneymccormick.zumba.com/

This is me getting 'Zumba-fied'.  I'm the one in purple, second row from the front, second on the left.  And in case you are wondering - Kass Martin (the hot thing in the front practically doing the front splits) is off the chain-link-fence - AWESOME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment