Thursday, April 3, 2014

Dressed to Impress...

So, I discovered that me dreaming of making my daughter cute dresses was just that, unless I got out my sewing machine and just tried to do something...even if it was the most horrible looking thing ever, at least I tried, right?  So, that's exactly what I did.  And...I succeeded!  Ok, I'm not super shocked.  I have an unbelievably determined attitude and pretty much NEVER give up unless I've been physically impaired.  So, I found this super easy tutorial on Pinterest and gave it a shot.  This is my outcome...I am impressed with myself.  Here's the problem, now I'm addicted and I need to make another one...and another one...a different style, a trim here or there...a pillow dress...some ruffle bloomers, maybe?  The possibilities are endless!!  This has me in a state of sewing euphoria!  Hobby Lobby and Hancocks, watch out.  I'm about to spend some major coin in your store on an abundance of thread, fabric, trimming, ribbon, buttons and snaps.  My next project?  A maxi dress for me!  If I can master it, maybe it will be our next craft night project.  Feeling like I accomplished something is just the best.  Much better than having spent half the day watching TV, perusing Pinterest or Facebook...I did something that I pinned on Pinterest - YAY! (cyber high five, y'all)!

1st dress that I made!  I used random fabric I had around the house in case it majorly went haywire.  Turned out pretty cute!
I'm pretty sure this is going to be her Easter dress this year.  I love the little crochet flower embellishments.  Thank you Micheals $1 aisle!  

No comments:

Post a Comment